Dum aloo recipe is a potato based recipe cooked all over India .In this recipe masala is mixed into potatoes tactically. Sanjeev kapoor is well known recipe specialist makes this recipe very care fully .You can make Dum aloo recipe very easily in home by following this instruction .This is a very nutritive recipe looking for how to make Dum Aloo Recipe read below
Here is a written instruction on how to make dum aloo recipe with youtube video by sanjeev kapoor khazana .
You may also interested on Kashmiri dum aloo recipe
- Small potatoes 20-22
- Vegetable oil
- Two tablespoon mustard oil
- Cumin seeds one teaspoon
- Two large onion chopped
- Three large onion chopped
- 1/2 table spoon chili powder (red)
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala ½ table spoon
- Chopped coriander leaves one table spoon
- Sliced ginger
- Wash all small potatoes then peel with a knife. In a large bowl sink those potatoes with salted water for minimum 20 minutes .
- Take sufficient oil in a large pan and then deeply fry those potatoes untill their colors turns into brown . Then drain and keep those potatoes aside to keep cool .
- Again heat mustered oil with high heat then add cumin seeds also add asafetida and cook for a minutes until cumin seeds color changed .
- Then add onion sauté for four or five minutes .again add garlic paste and ginger paste then add sauté for two minutes .stir with mixing some water add remaining tomatoes cook for 2 minutes and wait until tomatoes comes pulpy .Mix chili powder ,coriander powder turmeric powder, water and cumin powder continuously stir this mixture .
- Now add fried potatoes which is cooked before then stir again for 2 minutes . Add coriander leave and garam masala and again cook for five minute .
- Now your Dum Aloo recipe is ready to serve .
So lets cook Dum Aloo Recipe at home .