Katachi amti recipe is spicy and very flavorsome. In most areas of Maharashtra, The Puran Poli is devoured by dipping it in Katachi Amti. The spicy katachi amti and sweet puran poli compliment one another well. Katachi Amti (Curried Chana Dal) is amost best-known maharashtrian direction made up of chana decaliter (also referred to as split geographical region gram) and spices. it’s largely ready from leftover water from stewed chana decaliter, that is employed for creating Puranpoli. it’s best accompanied with puranpoli and rice. Looking for “how to make Katachi amti ” read below
Katachi amti recipe
The making method of Katachi Amti recipe are following.
1. 1/2 cup Split Bengal gram (chana dal)
2. Salt to taste
3. 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
4. 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
5. 1 tablespoon Tamarind pulp
6. 2 teaspoons Goda masala
7. 1/2 cup grated Dry coconut (khopra)
8. 1/2 tablespoon Jaggery (gur)
9. 2 tablespoons Ghee
10. 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
11. 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
12. 4-5 Curry leaves
Cooking Method :
1. Boil chana dal in 5 cups of water and so strain to separate dal and water.
2. Take this water during a deep non-stick pan, add salt, turmeric powder, red hot pepper powder, tamarind pulp, goda masala, dry coconut and let it boil.
3. Add saccharide and still boil. Heat oil during a tiny non-stick pan, add curry leaves , mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
4. once the seeds splutter add it to the amti during a deep pan and canopy to entice the flavours. Simmer for 10 minutes and so serve hot.