Sanjeev Kapoor is one of the most famous recipe specialist in India and this article about the recipe sambar is Instructed by Sanjeev Kapoor .Sambar recipe is delicious south Indian spicy soup .This recipe may accomplish with many other south Indian meals like Indian recipe dosa ,rice etc .On the other hand it can say without sambar the south Indian cusine dose not complete .So lets see how sanjeev kapoor makes this recipe . How to make Sambar Recipe read below
Here is a recipe video on sambar recipe also you will get proper written instruction on how to make sambar recipe below of the sambar video .
You may also interested on
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves 10-12
- Pinch of asafetida
- oil 2 tablespoons
- sambar powder, 1 tablespoon
- vegetables cubed in bite size ½ cup mixed
- tamarind pulp 1-2 tablespoons
- red chilies 4 dry whole
- tomato cubed in small pieces, 1 large
- mustard seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- fenugreek seed 1/8 teaspoon
- Making sambar id two step process first step is to making dal .Use pressure cooker to to making dal .In your pressure cooker put Toor-dal 1/2 cup , turmeric 1/4 teaspoon ,salt salt 1/2 teaspoon and about 2.5 cup of water .
- Now cook this for about 5 minutes with medium heat .
- While dai is making you should prepare the seasoning .
- Heat a pan on medium heat then add oil 2 tablespoons, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/8 teaspoon fenugreek seed , 10-12 curry leaves, Pinch of asafetida, 4 dry whole red chilies and let this few seconds to well mixing .
- Now add sliced tomato, salt and all other sliced vegetables with sambar powder and ½ cup water (you will find it nearest Asian store ) and covered the pan then let this cook for five minutes .
- You should not overcook this marinade cause you will also cook this with dal .
- Now take a look of your pressure cooker ,here your dal is ready .
- So now you add this vegetable with dal and add water as much you need to make this soup thin then put this mixture on heat again for better mixture for 5 minutes .
So lets enjoy this recipe at home .