Sanjeev kapoor made samosa easily in his recipe program Khana khazana . Samosa is a traditional south Indian appetizer type food. This recipe originated in central Asian in 10th century. Making Indian recipe samosa is little bit technical. Basically it has two part making filling for samosa . fist one is making dough second is making filling for samosa .
How to fold a samosa? This is another important part for making samosa. The taste of a samosa strongly depends on its shape and folding a samosa is little bit technical .Here is a direction on how to fold a samosa given below in cooking method portion.
You may also interested on
Baked samosa recipe
Punjabi samosa recipe
Easy samosa recipe
Vegetarian samosa recipe
Meat samosa recipe
Samosa dough recipe
Vegetable samosa recipe
- All-purpose flour one cup
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoon
- Two large potatoes
- One chopped onion
- Two chopped green chilies
- Oil three table spoon
- Ginger ½ teaspoon
- Garlic ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seed 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1table spoon
- Turmeric ½ table spoon
- Garam masala ½ table spoon
- ½ table spoon red chili powder
- Salt as required
- Put your fry pan with lower heat and pour 3 table spoon of oil after a minute add ginger chilies, garlic coriander ,to the pan stir with a spoon for 2 minutes till the mixture colors turns brown .
- Now add again lemon juice, turmeric, red chili, garam masala and salt .Then stir for 2 minutes again. Mix your remaining sliced potatoes and stir with a spoon for 2 minutes again.
- So your filling is ready keep it aside to become cool.
- Now it’s time to fold the samosa.
- Divide remaining dough into 10 portions and roll all portions with rolling pen .Give oval size.
- Cut each oval into two halves. Then make cone using hand through this. Putt filling into this cone. Here is a help full video on folding samosa you can watch.
- Now deep fry those samosas with medium heat until the samosas colors comes brown. Then serve this warm samosa with tomato sauce.
This article is written for sanjeev kapoor recipes (blog) . All articles are translated into english from hindi .